Thursday, May 6, 2010

New Corporation Recruitment Blunders

So, the lovely Mrs Snypes was running some errands in high sec while Mr Snypes was off to his book club meeting (at least that's what he had told her). An invitation to chat popped up and a young chap sounding very much like a telemarketer began his pitch... As a joke Mr Snypes is linked directly in her bio wich tells me that this guy hadn't even checked to see what sort of character I was. The following is a bit of the conversation and in brackets are Mrs Snypes thoughts on the matter.

Smythis > hi
Mrs Snypes > hello
Smythis > I was wondering if you could help us out? (possible profit? scam? go on)
Mrs Snypes > in what way?
Smythis > We need dedicated people to help us build a corporation you interested? (Oh god here we go)
Smythis > We're currently building an navy. As a corp we RTM ( Recruit, Train, as well as Maintain ) members into the organization. (blah, blah, blah RTM? are you serious? I'm so dazzled by your ability to use such professional terms)
Smythis > As a member of s13. You'll be treated with respect. You'll be a valued asset to our corporation. (A lot more then that lousy Mr Snypes has ever given me)
Mrs Snypes > (name removed for security purposes) you should ask that guy
Smythis > We're asking you.
Smythis > It is an honor to be in our corp.
Smythis > We need capable leaders in leadership positions. You could be one of them. (Yes a homemaker/trade alt like myself would make such an excellent leader)
Mrs Snypes > so are you guys like pirates plotting to take over new eden disguised as a neutral corp?
Smythis > No we are not pirates.
Smythis > We are actually anit piracy.

( ...)

Smythis > Currently working on getting our standings higher.
Smythis > We're at war with griefer corps but we've never surrendered. (because you made them surrender instead right?)
Mrs Snypes > anti piracy? how do you manage that? aren't pirates like the best pvp pilots in the game?
Smythis > We'll that's the goal anyways. We're not quite there, but we're working on it. We need your help and people like you to stop this threat to new eden. (My help? I'm just a dumb trade alt... wait what? threat to new eden?)
Smythis > Interested? (hell no)
Smythis > We do not randomly attack people. Our goals and agenda are the growth and success of s13 period.
Mrs Snypes > I understand being an anti griefer but taking on pirates is too scarry for me
Smythis > By the time we get to that point our numbers will be in the hundreds.
Smythis > It's still a ways out.
Smythis > For example our current corp capacity is 100 people.
Smythis > We only have I believe 20 members though. (Wow, I'm surprised you have that many to be honest are they alts of yours?)
Smythis > We're currently working on increasing the corp capacity as well.
Smythis > We need your help with Recruiting, Training, as well as Maintaing members into the organization. (So basically I do your job? Sounds like fun when can I start!!!)
Smythis > When you standing side by side in an epic battle with the very same people you've come to recruit, train, as well as maintain. You'll have known it was all worth it. (So that "RTM" in action right?)
Mrs Snypes > I don't like teaming up on people... I would feel more proud about winning a difficult fight based on skill rather then numbers :/
Smythis > If there is war declared upon us. And it happens. We will bring our forces into the fold to defend our corporations assets. Our members our our biggest asset. We will not declair war on other corporations as a general rule.
Mrs Snypes > so are you expecting plenty of war or a lot of peace and quiet?
Smythis > I would hope for peace. As we continue to grow I forsee others having issue with our operational success. This is why we "R,T,M". To ensure we as a corporation exist and have some measure of success. (I just love it when you keep repeating RTM it's soo dreamy)
Smythis > I want you apart of that success Snypes. (Me? I'm so lucky!!! but you don't even know me... what if I were a terrible person, or worse a pirates trade alt)

...

The convo went on and we talked about the space hobo lifestyle and the wild asteroid protection act etc... I felt a bit bad wasting his precious recruitment time but I needed to entertain myself while I was filling out orders and trying to buy ships and modules to use against everything that poor recruiter believed in. Sigh oh well.

Note: RTM is a registered trademark of the s13 corperation.

No comments:

Post a Comment