Wednesday, May 26, 2010

1 v 4

Hello friends, Mr Snypes hasn't been up to too much this week besides helping dust some war target scum in a rather dull engagement of undock, click, click, watch explosion, dock. Mrs Snypes has been enforcing a strict regiment of spring cleaning along with some regular market transactions so this poor pirate hasn't seen much action. It's times like these I often find myself staring out the space station window surrounded by empty bottles reflecting on past glories...

Her name was Phoenix, a fresh graduate from the Space Bunnies Academy.



I was upset over some rookie calling me an asshat after he narrowly escaped my scrambler. I probably had a few too many drinks as a result. Leaving system I vaguely remember screaming at some industrial pilot to keep off the road as I slammed into the side of his large vessel on the stargate. No real damage had been done luckily.

After spending a moment gathering my thoughts Phoenix suddenly asked if she could take control of the Incursus class frigate for a while. I only have one response when a space bunny asks to fly one of my ships and it's "can you fly stick?". Judging by her grin I could see she at least appreciated my corny humor so I gave her control of the ship.

Phoenix onlined the audio system and selected a track.



It wasn't long before we found ourselves face to face with a small frig gang who appeared to be visiting from high sec. They locked our Incursus and started firing. One Incursus from their fleet had jumped through the stargate to Ladister in an attempt to catch us should we try to flee. A Punisher, Rifter, and Ares remained on the Aschee side of the Aschee/Ladister gate. In an attempt to separate our foes Phoenix initiated the jump sequence causing the ship to lurch from the activation of the giant stargate.

Upon landing in Ladister the enemy Incursus was allowed to tackle us as the Ares soon followed. By the time the dust had settled they had lost an Incursus and a Punisher before killing my Incursus. Hats off to Phoenix for a job well done. I wasn't too upset about the loss considering the odds. We sped back to Heverice and celebrated the exciting engagement in the close quarters of my luxury escape capsule ;)

Snypes

2 comments:

  1. \o/ Mr Snypes, your stories are an inspiration. Maybe if I get in a Gallente ship I'll get a load of hot chicks too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right Kirith! Rifters are a dime a dozen and pretty much considered a working class pirate vessel. An Incursus however is like a vintage motorcycle, it takes a lot of work and fine tuning but when it is working right you sure look cool when you kill something with it :D

    ReplyDelete