Monday, May 10, 2010

Lasers On Everything!!!



(Just something to listen to while you read that will add to the post)

I was off the bridge spending a little personal time in the Captains quarters with crew members Cherry, and Daisy.





The ship was drifting off a planet in a quiet section of space. Suddenly, the alarms sounded and a call to battle stations came over the intercom. I thew on my bathrobe and pirate boxers and ran towards the bridge with no time for such details as socks or a uniform. Upon arriving a Diemos class Heavy Assult Ship was 24km off my mighty Thorax class cruiser. Upon a closer inspection he was fielding T2 medium blasters. Instead of running like a coward I saw my advantage and ordered an orbit set for 17km and began firing my scorch loaded medium pulse lasers in addition to setting a deck of medium drones upon my foe.


Things were looking pretty groovy as I appeared faster then my foe and he had no real way of reaching me other then a set of med drones he himself had fielded. All of a sudden time stood still. I had a vision that I was some primitive humanoid playing an inferior game device that had frozen and refused to function properly. By the time the vision had faded the Diemos had overheated and caught me in close quarters. I did what I could and swapped to multifrequency but by the time I was able to overheat my own microwarpdrive and pull away once again the damage had been done. At about 20km just moments from completing my escape maneuver the mighty Rainbow Sprinkles succumbed to drone fire and disintegrated into a fireball.

I was depressed. I truly believe that I stood a chance against such a ship and the glory of my win would have been epic and cemented the success of my laser nano thorax into the history books. Unfortunately the gods decided to punish me for my sins. Hopefully Cherry and Daisy managed to escape from the doomed ship because I still had some unfinished business with them. Pirate life can be heartbreaking at times.

Snypes

1 comment: